twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is it important to decontaminate shoes from athlete's foot? If so, how do you do it?

Fungus starts with FUN...but I'm not having much fun with this case.





I have about a quarter size patch of athlete's foot on the inside of my left foot, right in the instep. I wear flipflops without socks (bare exposure of the shoe to the infection) as well as rather expensive cross trainers worn with socks.





Re: contamination, the flops I can replace, the other shoes I would really rather not. But if I can do something to fix my flops I can save my collection.





I am treating with cream and fungal spray powder and it starts to improve then flares up again. I'm wearing my flops mostly so that my feet can get a lot of air. I'm trying to contain the problem area by using bandaids. I'm speculating that part of the problem is that I am recontaminating with my shoes and flipflops.





I have similar concerns with my carpet, sheets, and hard floors. Does the fungus live in these places?

Is it important to decontaminate shoes from athlete's foot? If so, how do you do it?
I think they sell anti-fungal sprays as well as the creams for your feet? I've never had it but I think I've seen such products at the foot care section here, they probably have it in the US as well. Also if you let the shoes dry out long enough then the spores will probably have died, but since shoes are hard to clean, often have a lot of sweat %26amp; dirt accumulated on the inside, it would take some time and some commercial fungicide wouldn't hurt.





On most surfaces you wouldn't have to worry terribly much; the fungus needs a warm, damp place to live. It spreads on locker room floors because those rooms are often kept warm and moist from the showers, and lots of people come in there barefoot soon after one another. But on a dry surface that's exposed to fresh air, the fungus doesn't live long. As for your bed throw the sheets back when you get up, that may help some too. Wearing the flipflops is indeed a good thing, and so is going barefoot. The fungus doesn't live on dry, well-ventilated places, not on a dry floor and not on a bare foot either. It's called 'athlete's foot' rather than 'barefoot fungus' for good reason; it's common among those who go barefoot briefly in a locker room and wear shoes for the rest of the time, but it's rare among populations who go barefoot much more often.
Reply:its a fungus, fungus spreads...so bleach all your socks....and bleach the inside of your shoes it will kill the fungus so you dont get it again and no one else that borrows your shoes!.....also bleach tile floors and never walk barefoot!



interest rate

No comments:

Post a Comment