twitter




Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What could be the problem with my Brakes (2000 Starex (4X4))?

Background: I bought the Starex while it was in a shop where it had been undergoing extensive repairs for several months. The brakes shoes and pads had been replaced as part of these repairs. The brakes are not ABS (per. EDSA Hyundai) Not the shop in question.





When I test drove the van, I noticed that the brakes required a greater distance than normal to come to a complete stop. And that more brake peddle pressure than normal was required.





After having the brakes cleaned did not improve the braking, the head technician assured me that the hydro vacuum unit was not working. I had it replaced, But, it had no effect.


The master brake cylinder was then rebuilt. When this had no effect, It also was replaced. This as well, did not improve the braking performance.





I was charged PHP 16,000 for parts plus more for labor and the problem was not resolved. Needless to say, I have no confidence that this shop (Wind Tech, Legazpi City) has any idea how to correct the problem.

What could be the problem with my Brakes (2000 Starex (4X4))?
check for pinched brake lines... if the vehicle has been undergoing repairs for several months, i'm going to assume it was due to a collision. i would like to think that the calipers were closely inspected when the brakes were done, but stranger things have happened. the calipers may have failed and not been noticed, or worse... the technician may have incorrectly installed them or damaged them. worth taking a look!



nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment